Monday, December 17, 2007

Gino & the Band

I went to shoot a band called Gino & the Band (the site is in Slovene language) this saturday. Here are some of the pictures:









It is always hard to shoot concerts and live shows because of the limited amount of light. So in order to be able to shoot at fairly decent shutter speeds I used the Canon 50mm f/1.8 lens which enabled me to shoot at around 1/60 of a second at f/2.8. I used the manual mode and ISO at 1600.

One of the problems I had to deal with is the fact that I had to use the aperture of f/2.8 or less which in practice means shallow depth of field. In another words... only a small part of image is in focus. And that can sometimes be quite disturbing and annoying. The pictures you see above are not post-processed in any way.

Got any advice or suggestions for concert/music photography?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.