Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Žiga

I had a lecture about my work in USA today. And Žiga went with me to take some pictures of me while lecturing. But before I started lecturing I took this shot.

Žiga actually wasn't posing for this shot. He just kinda turned his head towards me and looked at the camera. And at that moment I pressed the button.

About the shot:

EXIF:
- Camera: Canon EOS 400D
- Exposure: 0.017 sec (1/60)
- Aperture: f/5.6
- Focal length: 55mm
- ISO: 200
- Flash: Flash Fired (I used Canon Speedlite 550EX)
- Post-processing software: Adobe Photoshop CS2
- Date taken: 27.11.2007


So I did quite a lot of post-processing on this one. I tried to achieve the so called Dragan effect. It's named after world class photographer Andrzej Dragan who uses this kind of effect on his photos. It took me a while to figure out how to do it. Maybe I'll even post a before and after shot or write a tutorial about how I do it. Who knows... But one thing's for sure. Thousands of people are trying to find out how to do it. And let me tell you... it's not that hard and complicated, but you need to master the technique. It takes quite a bit of time and patience. And the effect looks different with each picture and I already see some areas where I could further improve my technique. Stay tuned for more.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

how do you say 'pozer' in english?

Kristijan Žontar said...

poser :) but it's a totaly random pose you see there ;)

Anonymous said...

i know i know..it just looks so fake;) but i know it s not...

chloeee ♥ said...

i love this one! how can it be so posey but not posed! =D



chloe @ purpleism.com